I expect the lists below to be updated at some point:
Thing I love:
- It has a full-size USB port on top of the common micro-USB; this means I can plug at least two USB devices at once.
- It has an additional full-size USB port on the keyboard part, which makes the system even more extensible.
- It can charge through its proprietary charging port, so I can work and charge it at the same time, without unplugging any USB devices (the micro-USB port can also be used for charging).
- It is compact and easy to carry around.
- Boots much faster than my new laptop, so I tend to use it more frequently compared to my laptop when e.g. looking for information online.
- The tablet/system is responsive enough for daily tasks, like document editing, blogging, email, social media and video playback (even full HD); it does not complain instantly when multitasking.
Things I hate:
- The keyboard sucks; it is small and the keys are hard to press correctly (for my fat fingers), having a strange behaviour. I literally cannot type long texts using it (I am writing this one though!) so I am thinking of a bluetooth one. FYI, the one I have used in other similar tablets (the Asus Transformerbook T100) was way better; actually usable.
- When the keyboard is used, each time I move the screen/tablet to a different angle, the keyboard is instantly deactivated (like removed and identified again by the system; I clearly hear the notification sound)
- Sometimes, when I connect the keyboard after I have used the tablet for a while, the keyboard is not recognized and I need to reset the system to make it work.
- Right-clicking using the touchpad is not very precise; the right part of the touchpad does not click equally to the left one.
- Minimum screen brightness is still high for my eyes (and apparently results in lower battery lifetime).
- The power button is so close to the Vol Up that I keep deactivating the tablet while I actually want to increase the volume
- Storage space is not sufficient, if I want to use the tablet as my daily driver; all my work files are stored on the cloud (DropBox & OneDrive) and I can’t sync them with my tablet.
- Screen is a tad smaller than I would like; it is not bad but the Surface one might be more convenient to me.